“I have seen landscapes which, under a particular light, made me feel that at any moment a giant might raise his head over the next ridge.” C.S Lewis, The Real Narnia
Visit this magical mountain top landscape which inspired CS Lewis to write The Chronicles of Narnia. Let Mountain Ways Ireland guide you up Slieve Binnian, the third highest of The Mourne peaks. The 360 degree view from the summit is guaranteed to take your breath away.
This is graded as a hard 11 km, 5-6 hour Hike with about 600 m height gain but it really is worth it.
One of the best day hikes in Ireland.
What You'll Need
Please print and check off this list before you leave for your event:
Minimum Required Kit List…..MUST HAVE !
Mountain walking boots or footwear designed for off trail use suitable for mountain conditions.
(Runners not accepted)
Walking trousers or tracksuit bottoms, jeans NOT recommended (Cotton is never a good idea)
Waterproof coat with hood
Spare layer e.g. fleece
Hat and gloves
Bottle of water
Packed Lunch with extra – we burn plenty of calories in the hills !
Any necessary personal medication e.g. inhaler
Big Smile ?
Highly Recommended but non-essential Extras- Kit List
Small flask of hot drink
Clothing – Light layers combined are always better than one heavy layer.
Water Proof Over-trousers.
Extra chocolate bar or similar for snacking.
PLEASE NOTE: For both yours and group safety, anyone without appropriate footwear, full raincoat or any of minimum kit list etc. may not be permitted to participate.
- Over 18’s
- No Dogs allowed.
If you have any questions in advance just make e-mail:
Call/Text: + 353 ( 0 ) 872243176
Book Your Adventure
Mountain Ways Ireland Booking Process
Get In Touch
- We advise you to contact us in advance by email: email@example.com to book on to one of our guided walking tours, tailor-made tours or mountain skills courses.
- Based on your requirements we will quote you a price.
- A deposit amount will be agreed depending on the number and size of the tour/group etc.
- A payment request with online card facility will be sent to you.
- If a booking is made within 8 weeks of the start date, then payment in full is required.
- Please note that all booking deposits are non-refundable.
- Your deposit will only be refunded if we cannot secure your booking.
- When we receive your deposit, we will begin to make the necessary arrangements for your selected tour, and only then will your booking be confirmed.
- As soon as we have secured your reservations, we will send you a reminder of the outstanding balance and due date for payment.
- If applicable your information/travel pack will be created and posted to your home address or the first B & B that you will be staying in.
- Please make sure that you have adequate insurance for your trip.
- All other Terms & Conditions apply.