Terms & Conditions
Every booking is subject to the terms and conditions as set out below without any infringement on your statutory right.
All tours are operated by Mountain Ways Ireland Limited, a Northern Irish-registered Company. Your contract is with Mountain Ways Ireland, if services are supplied or carried out directly by us or through a third party, your contract is with Mountain Ways Ireland Limited.
- To book a place on one of our walking tours, the customer must pay the specified deposit at the time of placing the booking. This deposit is non-refundable except in the case of cancellation of the walking tour by Mountain Ways Ireland Limited (e.g. if the minimum number of customers for our guided walks has not been met – see point 2.e. below)
- The full balance of the walking tour is due 56 days (8 weeks) prior to the start date of the tour.
- If the full balance of the walking tour price is not received within 8 weeks of the start date of the tour, Mountain Ways Ireland Limited has the right to cancel the booking.
- Travel Insurance is strongly recommended on all of our tours and mandatory for some. Clients are fully responsible for arranging their own insurance. Clients must ensure that they are in possession of private Travel insurance with protection for the full duration of the tour in respect of at least medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment, with adequate cover.
2. Cancellation or Changes of a walking tour by Mountain Ways Ireland Limited
- We try to operate all our walking tours as advertised. However, we retain the right to change or cancel any tour up to 4 weeks before the start date of the tour.
- Mountain Ways Ireland Limited shall not cancel or modify any tour within 4 weeks of the tour start date unless forced to do so by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- If we must cancel a tour, the customer shall receive a full refund of the monies paid to us but will not be entitled to any further sum by way of compensation, damages or otherwise arising from said cancellation. This is the case no matter when the tour is cancelled.
- On the rare occasion that accommodation for your tour is unavailable due to high demand, we may need to use alternative suppliers, which may result in additional charges. If the possibility of additional charges arises, you will be notified of these and asked for your permission to proceed before Mountain Ways Ireland Limited continues with the booking.
- Our guided walking tours may be dependent upon a minimum number of customers. Where the minimum number of customers has not been met 4 weeks prior to the start date, Mountain Ways Ireland Limited is entitled to cancel the guided tour. We will try our utmost to find another tour to accommodate you or, alternatively, all monies paid to Mountain Ways Ireland Limited shall be refunded to the customer. However, Mountain Ways Ireland Limited is not responsible for any additional expenses that may have been incurred by the customer in preparing the trip.
- Force Majeure: Where war or terrorist activities, threatened or actual, civil unrest, industrial action, threatened or actual, weather conditions, fire, flood, drought, airport regulations or closures, unforeseen alterations to public transport schedules and rescheduling of aircraft or any other event outside the control of the Mountain Ways Ireland Limited either delays or extends the tour or compels a change in prior arrangements, Mountain ways Ireland cannot accept liability for any resulting loss, damage or expense to the customer.
3. Mountain Ways Ireland Limited’s Liability to the Customer
- Although we take the utmost care to ensure that everything runs according to plan on your trip, accidents can happen. For this reason, Mountain Ways Ireland Limited strongly advise you to take out adequate travel insurance cover prior to your trip for loss or damage to personal property, personal injury or illness, medical expenses and cancellation expenses. Please note that neither Mountain Ways Ireland Limited, its employees nor its agents can accept any liability relating to personal injury or illness, loss or damage to personal equipment, or any other unforeseen events that occur during your walking tour.
- All advice/ information extended by Mountain Ways Ireland Limited on subjects like such as travel arrangements, public transport, walking routes, weather, clothing, travel documents, baggage, walking gear etc. is done so in good faith but cannot be the responsibility of the Business.
- It is the customers responsibility to obtain any necessary visas and travel documents needed to allow them to take a walking tour with Mountain Ways Ireland Limited.
4. Customer Cancellation or Modification
- If the customer wants to change the walking tour arrangements after Mountain Ways Ireland Limited has accepted and confirmed the booking, a minimum administration fee of € 40 per booking will be applied. If any additional expenses have been incurred by Mountain Ways Ireland Limited (e.g. administration, cancellation fees, etc.), these will also be charged.
- If the customer cancels the tour after Mountain Ways Ireland Limited has accepted the booking, or where Mountain Ways Ireland Limited cancels the tour due to customer non-payment, the following charges shall apply:
Over 8 weeks before tour start date: The full amount of your deposit payment
8 to 6 weeks before tour start date: 50% of tour price
6 to 4 weeks before tour start date: 80% of tour price
Less than 2 weeks before tour start date: 100% of tour price
These charges are calculated from the day written notification (confirmed e-mail or recorded post ) is received by the company or our agent as a percentage of the total tour price and will include surcharges.
- The client is responsible for arranging their own travel to the designated start points of each tour. Mountain Ways Ireland cannot accept any liability for any delay/cancellation in your transportation and cannot offer any refunds for lost holiday time.
- On a fully guided hike or tour with Mountain Ways Ireland – clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the Company’s employees, tour leaders and agents. If our leaders deem that the health, level of fitness or conduct of a client at any time before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of a tour the client may be excluded from all or part of the tour without refund or recompense.
In the case of ill – health the Company may make best arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the client. If the client is excluded from the tour then the Company shall cease to have responsibility to/for them.
If you are affected by a condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect you or affect other people’s enjoyment or active participation of the tour, you must advise us at the time of booking.
This is non -negotiable, you must tell us and be assured that in a professional manner we will treat anything that you share with us in total privacy .No refund will be given for any unused services. By accepting the terms & conditions at the time of deposit payment you are acknowledging that you have read and understood the daily details of each activity for your chosen holiday and that you are in a physical condition to satisfactorily complete all specified activities.
5. Tour information & Feedback
- Mountain Ways Ireland website has basic descriptions of the numerous tours available, specifically outlining the itinerary and services included in the price. Some or all these items may need to be changed occasionally, and you should request a detailed folder for more current information.
- Any statements made on our website is made believing that the facts to be correct. We try to fully describe the tours offered and every reasonable effort will be made to fulfill what has been described.
- Any images taken on any of our tours or any imagery/media which you capture and share with us (e.g. either by email or on social media), may be used by Mountain Ways Ireland Limited without charge in all media, for genuine promotional or marketing purposes, including without limitation promotional materials of any kind, such as brochures or on the Internet.
- In order to maintain good standards of service, Mountain Ways Ireland Limited retains the right to share, or not, any feedback or comments made by the customer with our business partners e.g., luggage transfer providers, taxi drivers, accommodation suppliers etc.
- Mountain Ways Ireland Limited reserves the right to change information, prices and itineraries set out in the website and provided such changes have been notified to the customer prior to the submission of a booking form, such changes shall be binding on the parties.
6. Luggage Transfer Service
- Every Mountain Ways Ireland Limited customer is entitled to one item of baggage which can be transferred along the walking route during their tour. A maximum weight limit of 15kg per person applies. Mountain Ways Ireland Limited reserves the right to refuse the transfer of baggage which exceed these limits.
- Luggage will not be transferred to any location which is outside the agreed tour itinerary you have booked. If you have booked an extra night’s accommodation in a location outside the tour itinerary, your baggage will not be transferred to or from this location.
- Neither Mountain Ways Ireland Limited, its employees nor its agents can accept any liability relating to loss or damage of personal property during the transfer of luggage during your walking tour. For this reason, valuable or breakable items (e.g. jewellery, electronic devices, cash, etc.) should not be left in baggage due to be transferred.
- Mountain Ways Ireland Limited strongly encourages you to take out adequate insurance cover prior to travel for loss or damage to personal property.
7. Special Offers & Discounts
- A discount of 10% of the tour price will be extended to children under 12 years of age (as at the tour start date), at the discretion of Mountain Ways Ireland Limited. The amount of any such discount will be dependent on the costs charged to Mountain Ways Ireland Limited by their suppliers. To avail of any potential discount, a copy of the child’s passport/ I.D. Card must be sent to us by email before booking – this is required before we start contacting our suppliers to make reservations. A deposit of €100 will be required for each child on your tour.
- Special offers or discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other existing offers.
- All reductions apply to the tour price only. Single supplement charges and extra night costs will be incurred as normal where applicable.
- All offers are subject to availability.
This contract is based on the terms of the booking conditions which are governed by Northern Irish Law and customers shall submit to the jurisdiction of the Northern Irish Courts.