Terms & Conditions
Please contact us if you have any questions, the T& Cs below are long and detailed as all legal jargon is but rest assured that we are here to make sure that you have a good experience and we will really work hard to accomodate your requests.
We are really are here to help… not to hide behind the small print!
Every booking is subject to the terms and conditions as set out below without any infringement on your statutory right.
All tours are operated by Mountain Ways Ireland Limited, a Northern Irish-registered Company. Your contract is with Mountain Ways Ireland, if services are supplied or carried out directly by us or through a third party, your contract is with Mountain Ways Ireland Limited.
Cancellation Policy For All Guided Experiences
- Sorry No Refunds or Date Transfers, however, where a validated positive PCR Covid result can be proven then we will happily apply credit for a future walk or you may choose to transfer your walk on the day to somebody else – NOTE: this is not a general policy on every cancellation and is only valid in the covid circumstances stipulated.
- With the clear written pre- approval of Mountain Ways Ireland, in certain cases, you may choose to gift your ticket to someone else.
- Where Mountain Ways Ireland has to cancel any event then a refund will be offered or an alternative booking date arranged.
- Please note: Where the customer chooses a refund over a re-scheduled date then an admin fee of 20% will be deducted from the refund.
- Customers will not be entitled to any further sum by way of compensation, damages or otherwise arising from said cancellation. This is the case no matter when the tour is cancelled.
All Guided Experiences, Day-Hikes and Workshops
- All Guided walking events and experiences must be paid for in full at time of booking.
- No booking is secured until payment has been made.
- Each guest is required to sign a simple consent and medical declaration form in advance of all walks and also inform us in advance of any allergies or medical conditions which we should be aware of.
- Most of our events are outdoors so all guests are asked to wear or carry minimum standard kit which varies depending if the experience is a high mountain hike or gentle foraging ramble – this recommended and minimum kit list will be sent to you in advance.
- In the interests of safety if a customer turns up without the required level of equipment or fitness then Mountain Ways Ireland Guides have the right to refuse participation without any re-fund or rescheduling offered.
- We are highly skilled and qualified mountain leaders and foraging instructors however all customers must accept responsibility for their own actions both hillwalking or tasting of wild plants on a foraging walk.
- We are fully insured for our events but like most outdoor adventure policies this does not extend to personal injury claims therefore it is strongly recommended that any participant have their own personal policies in place.
- Apologies but no dogs allowed with the exception of guide dogs.
- We are Covid Certified ‘Good to Go’ and all customers must comply with current guidelines.
Foraging Walks and Workshops
- Participants should have no concerns about their participation in the event.
- All participants should follow the safety advice regarding wild plants, allergies and general contra- indications.
- All participants must make known in advance to Mountain Ways Ireland if they have any known allergies or intolerences.
- All participants must understand that it is their personal responsibility if touching / tasting any plant, ingredient or preserve.
- No participant is under any obligation to taste or touch any plant or preserve.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase.
- Gift Vouchers can be redeemed against the cost of any event/experience that we have available on our up coming schedule of events, subject to the customer meeting all of the criteria as set out above.
- As soon as you complete a purchase for a Gift Voucher, you will be sent a Voucher for download.We do have physical Gift Vouchers available which can be sent to you at a nominal postage cost but the Email version is nicely branded and colourful to give to someone elase as a present.
- A voucher does not entitle the holder for a private booking unless the monetary shortfall for the relevant experience is made up or the voucher value covers the cost of that private experience.
- Any Voucher monetary shortfall against any particular event must be paid in advance and any remaining balance may be redeemed on future events.
1. Booking a Self – Guided Walking Tour
- To book a place on one of our walking tours, the customer must pay the specified deposit at the time of placing the booking. This deposit is non-refundable except in the case of cancellation of the walking tour by Mountain Ways Ireland Limited (e.g. if the minimum number of customers for our guided walks has not been met – see point 2.e. below)
- The full balance of the walking tour is due 56 days (8 weeks) prior to the start date of the tour.
- If the full balance of the walking tour price is not received within 8 weeks of the start date of the tour, Mountain Ways Ireland Limited has the right to cancel the booking.
- Travel Insurance is strongly recommended on all of our tours and mandatory for some. Clients are fully responsible for arranging their own insurance. Clients must ensure that they are in possession of private Travel insurance with protection for the full duration of the tour in respect of at least medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment, with adequate cover.
2. Cancellation or Changes of a Self – Guided Walking Tour by Mountain Ways Ireland Limited
- We try to operate all our walking tours as advertised. However, we retain the right to change or cancel any tour up to 4 weeks before the start date of the tour.
- Mountain Ways Ireland Limited shall not cancel or modify any tour within 4 weeks of the tour start date unless forced to do so by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- If we must cancel a tour, the customer shall receive a full refund of the monies paid to us but will not be entitled to any further sum by way of compensation, damages or otherwise arising from said cancellation. This is the case no matter when the tour is cancelled.
- On the rare occasion that accommodation for your tour is unavailable due to high demand, we may need to use alternative suppliers, which may result in additional charges. If the possibility of additional charges arises, you will be notified of these and asked for your permission to proceed before Mountain Ways Ireland Limited continues with the booking.
- Our guided walking tours may be dependent upon a minimum number of customers. Where the minimum number of customers has not been met 4 weeks prior to the start date, Mountain Ways Ireland Limited is entitled to cancel the guided tour. We will try our utmost to find another tour to accommodate you or, alternatively, all monies paid to Mountain Ways Ireland Limited shall be refunded to the customer. However, Mountain Ways Ireland Limited is not responsible for any additional expenses that may have been incurred by the customer in preparing the trip.
- Force Majeure: Where war or terrorist activities, threatened or actual, civil unrest, industrial action, threatened or actual, weather conditions, fire, flood, drought, airport regulations or closures, unforeseen alterations to public transport schedules and rescheduling of aircraft or any other event outside the control of the Mountain Ways Ireland Limited either delays or extends the tour or compels a change in prior arrangements, Mountain ways Ireland cannot accept liability for any resulting loss, damage or expense to the customer.
3. Mountain Ways Ireland Limited Liability to the Customer
- Although we take the utmost care to ensure that everything runs according to plan on your trip, accidents can happen. For this reason, Mountain Ways Ireland Limited strongly advise you to take out adequate travel insurance cover prior to your trip for loss or damage to personal property, personal injury or illness, medical expenses and cancellation expenses. Please note that neither Mountain Ways Ireland Limited, its employees nor its agents can accept any liability relating to personal injury or illness, loss or damage to personal equipment, or any other unforeseen events that occur during your walking tour.
- All advice/ information extended by Mountain Ways Ireland Limited on subjects like such as travel arrangements, public transport, walking routes, weather, clothing, travel documents, baggage, walking gear etc. is done so in good faith but cannot be the responsibility of the Business.
- It is the customers responsibility to obtain any necessary visas and travel documents needed to allow them to take a walking tour with Mountain Ways Ireland Limited.
4. Customer Cancellation or Modification ( Self Guided Walking Holidays Only)
- If the customer wants to change the walking tour arrangements after Mountain Ways Ireland Limited has accepted and confirmed the booking, a minimum administration fee of € 40 per booking will be applied. If any additional expenses have been incurred by Mountain Ways Ireland Limited (e.g. administration, cancellation fees, etc.), these will also be charged.
- If the customer cancels the tour after Mountain Ways Ireland Limited has accepted the booking, or where Mountain Ways Ireland Limited cancels the tour due to customer non-payment, the following charges shall apply:
Over 8 weeks before tour start date: The full amount of your deposit payment
8 to 6 weeks before tour start date: 50% of tour price
6 to 4 weeks before tour start date: 80% of tour price
Less than 2 weeks before tour start date: 100% of tour price
These charges are calculated from the day written notification (confirmed e-mail or recorded post ) is received by the company or our agent as a percentage of the total tour price and will include surcharges.
- The client is responsible for arranging their own travel to the designated start points of each tour. Mountain Ways Ireland cannot accept any liability for any delay/cancellation in your transportation and cannot offer any refunds for lost holiday time.
- On a fully guided hike or tour with Mountain Ways Ireland – clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the Company’s employees, tour leaders and agents. If our leaders deem that the health, level of fitness or conduct of a client at any time before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of a tour the client may be excluded from all or part of the tour without refund or recompense.
In the case of ill – health the Company may make best arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the client. If the client is excluded from the tour then the Company shall cease to have responsibility to/for them.
If you are affected by a condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect you or affect other people’s enjoyment or active participation of the tour, you must advise us at the time of booking.
This is non -negotiable, you must tell us and be assured that in a professional manner we will treat anything that you share with us in total privacy .No refund will be given for any unused services. By accepting the terms & conditions at the time of deposit payment you are acknowledging that you have read and understood the daily details of each activity for your chosen holiday and that you are in a physical condition to satisfactorily complete all specified activities.
5. Tour information & Feedback
- Mountain Ways Ireland website has basic descriptions of the numerous tours available, specifically outlining the itinerary and services included in the price. Some or all these items may need to be changed occasionally, and you should request a detailed folder for more current information.
- Any statements made on our website is made believing that the facts to be correct. We try to fully describe the tours offered and every reasonable effort will be made to fulfill what has been described.
- Any images taken on any of our tours or any imagery/media which you capture and share with us (e.g. either by email or on social media), may be used by Mountain Ways Ireland Limited without charge in all media, for genuine promotional or marketing purposes, including without limitation promotional materials of any kind, such as brochures or on the Internet.
- In order to maintain good standards of service, Mountain Ways Ireland Limited retains the right to share, or not, any feedback or comments made by the customer with our business partners e.g., luggage transfer providers, taxi drivers, accommodation suppliers etc.
- Mountain Ways Ireland Limited reserves the right to change information, prices and itineraries set out in the website and provided such changes have been notified to the customer prior to the submission of a booking form, such changes shall be binding on the parties.
6. Luggage Transfer Service ( Self-Guided)
- Every Mountain Ways Ireland Limited customer is entitled to one item of baggage which can be transferred along the walking route during their tour. A maximum weight limit of 15kg per person applies. Mountain Ways Ireland Limited reserves the right to refuse the transfer of baggage which exceed these limits.
- Luggage will not be transferred to any location which is outside the agreed tour itinerary you have booked. If you have booked an extra night’s accommodation in a location outside the tour itinerary, your baggage will not be transferred to or from this location.
- Neither Mountain Ways Ireland Limited, its employees nor its agents can accept any liability relating to loss or damage of personal property during the transfer of luggage during your walking tour. For this reason, valuable or breakable items (e.g. jewellery, electronic devices, cash, etc.) should not be left in baggage due to be transferred.
- Mountain Ways Ireland Limited strongly encourages you to take out adequate insurance cover prior to travel for loss or damage to personal property.
7. Special Offers & Discounts ( Self-Guided)
- A discount of 10% of the tour price will be extended to children under 12 years of age (as at the tour start date), at the discretion of Mountain Ways Ireland Limited. The amount of any such discount will be dependent on the costs charged to Mountain Ways Ireland Limited by their suppliers. To avail of any potential discount, a copy of the child’s passport/ I.D. Card must be sent to us by email before booking – this is required before we start contacting our suppliers to make reservations. A deposit of £100 will be required for each child on your tour.
- Special offers or discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other existing offers.
- All reductions apply to the tour price only. Single supplement charges and extra night costs will be incurred as normal where applicable.
- All offers are subject to availability.
This contract is based on the terms of the booking conditions which are governed by Northern Irish Law and customers shall submit to the jurisdiction of the Northern Irish Courts.
Changes To Our Terms And Conditions
We retain the right to make changes to our web Terms and Conditions ( in line with all current legislation) without prior consultation; these changes will be posted on this page.