Brian is also an avid home cook with a 5 star rating from the Foods Standards Agency. You can have the chance to taste from the hedgerow as well as ‘super unami’ rich treats from the pantry.
Whatever is seasonally avalailable or Brian is cooking up in his wild kitchen! Wild jellies, jams, pickles, hedgerow fruit leathers, mushroom deserts, ‘funky’ fermented foods of all sorts – wild plants, seeds, seaweeds and mushrooms.
Sample simple but effective age old herbal folk remedies.
• New life bursting forth everywhere on ditch, tree, field & mountain stream
• Blackthorn & Fairy Thorn Blossom
• Lesser Celendine
• Wood anemone
• Primrose, Dandelion and Violets
• Golden Whins light up the hillsides
• Succulent Wall Pennywort
• Zesty Sorrell – wood and common
• A Sea of Bluebells
• Golden stands of Bracken Fern as nature slows
• Pasture fungi
• Blackberry, Gooseberry, Raspberry
• Mountain Ash berries
• Haws, Hips and Sloes
• Armagh Apples
• The hedgerows, stone ditches and fields come alive with abundant growth.
• Fragrant Meadow sweet
• Fairy Thimbles Foxglove
• Tasty Blackberries
• Wild Angelica & Birds foot trefoil
• Lady’s Mantle -Brian’s Grannies herb
• Golden Broom & Honeyed Fuschia
• Bugle – the carpenter’s friend
• Heady scent of Honeysuckle
• Wildlife including mountain goats and deer often come down from the higher mountain for shelter.
• Golden stands of Bracken Fern
• Fairy Potatoes & ‘Silverweed
• Icicled wall pennywort-natures lollypop
• Dew heavy cobweb lace on golden gorse
• Fox, badger & Wildlife tracks on frosty field
To book a private experience email:
Call us on +353 87 2243176
To Book a scheduled ‘Foraging’ experience.
Check our upcoming events calendar on the Homepage
We can organise private special event forageing days for :
A Birthday Present with a difference, Clubs, Schoolgroups, Staff incentives day, Tour Operator Groups, F.I.T., Special Interest …