KIT LIST – What to Wear and Bring
FORAGING WALKS, ON FARM EVENTS AND LOW-LEVEL EXPERIENCES WITH MOUNTAIN WAYS IRELAND
- By their nature these events involve standing around e.g., looking at various plants on a foraging event so consider this when preparing what to bring or wear.
- While not essential, we would always recommend a small rucksack to keep things in, extra layers, a bottle of water etc.
- Please note the grass in places may be long and wet underfoot so wear appropriate footwear with a good deep tread and something that will keep your feet dry.
- These experiences are for the most part outdoors based so please be sensible and dress accordingly for the Irish weather. Raincoat, Umbrella, Warm Clothing, Sun cream 🙂
KIT LIST FOR MOUNTAIN HIKES
If you wish you can print and check off this list before you leave for your event:
(Be Kind to the environment!)
MINIMUM KIT – MUST HAVE!
This is a normal Mountain walk kit list but obviously, with the colder weather, the kit can be adapted. The sun cream is wishful thinking.
- Mountain walking boots or footwear designed for off-trail use and suitable for mountain conditions – both with good deep tread.
- Walking trousers, leggings or tracksuit bottoms, jeans NOT recommended (Cotton is never a good idea either in jeans or in a t-shirt)
- Waterproof coat with hood
- Spare layer e.g., fleece
- Hat and gloves
- Bottle of water
- Packed Lunch with extra – we burn plenty of calories in the hills !
- Any necessary personal medication e.g. inhaler
- Big Smile 😊
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BUT NON-ESSENTIAL EXTRAS- KIT LIST
- Walking Poles
- Blister patches
- Small flask of hot drink
- Clothing – Light layers combined are always better than one heavy layer.
- Waterproof Over-trousers.
- Extra chocolate bar or similar for snacking in an easily accessible pocket.
- Sun Cream
For both your and group safety, anyone without appropriate footwear, or any of minimum kit list, etc. may not be permitted to participate. This is at the discretion of the leader and no refund will be given.
- No Dogs allowed. Please contact us if you have a guide dog.
(We are dog lovers but unfortunately not on our guided walks)
If you would like to keep an eye on the weather in advance then we recommend:
But remember a forecast is just that and Irelands mountains are renowned for their changeable weather patterns.
If you have any questions in advance please contact us by e-mail:
Call/Text/What’s app: +353 (0) 872243176